The co-operation between Koskisen and furniture manufacturer Isku has developed over the past few years into a tight-knit partnership which has reinforced both of their product portfolios.
At the end of last year, the KoskiMel Table Top board was launched together with Isku. The KoskiMel Table Top board, developed for use in schools and public spaces, is scratch resistant due to the exceptionally strong aluminium oxide film coating. The board can be equipped with a separate film under the surface film, adding impact strength and wear resistance.
Shared product development speaks volumes about the depth of the partnership. Logistics Director for Isku, Juha-Matti Lähteenmaa, considers close dialogue and shared product development to be of equal importance with technically high-quality products and competitive prices.
- The central sales attributes of our home and office furniture are their Finnish origins and high quality. These same attributes apply to our entire supply chain,” says Lähteenmaa.
- Developing a sufficiently high-quality and strong board that can withstand the varying humidity of the Scandinavian climate has been a significant challenge for us, Lähteenmaa continues.
- The Table Top board contains many practical solutions without compromising on appearance.
Finnish company Isku is Scandinavia’s leading furniture manufacturing family business, which has designed, manufactured, marketed and created functional and pleasant interior design solutions for homes and public spaces for over 80 years.
Isku has also operated in Scandinavia, the Baltic and Russia for a long time. Over the past decades, the company has also gained a foothold in the Baltic countries and continues its international development in neighbouring areas.
- In Finland we already have more than 30 showrooms and a new home, kitchen and office furniture showroom has just been opened on Fabianinkatu in Helsinki; our fifth interior decoration outlet in the metropolitan area. In addition to the showrooms, 50 independent Isku dealers operate across Finland, Lähteenmaa explains.
Trends are continually changing in the decoration of homes and public spaces.
- Sometimes we make thick, sometimes thinner board. High shine has been popular for a while now, but new trends are already flooding onto the scene. Regardless of the changes in the board’s appearance, it must be, above all, durable, says Lähteenmaa.
Isku uses more than one million square metres of different kinds of board annually and works together with Koskisen mostly on the more demanding products. Isku uses the new KoskiMel Table Top board in its furniture for work and study environments.
- It’s easy to turn to Koskisen if the product requires special features or tailoring or if we want the board’s surface to have, for example, different patterns. We can also order smaller batches and be confident that we will receive the products on time even in the case of urgent deliveries, describes Lähteenmaa.
According to him, co-operation sometimes involves challenges. Often in larger projects delivery schedules can be very demanding and the board material is needed at the very beginning of the production chain. Even these challenges have been solved through co-operation.
Koskisen’s Sales Manager Jari Laine tells us that more joint brainstorming sessions are in store over the next few weeks when the partners once again meet to develop new structures and technical coatings.
- Devising new products is challenging and very interesting. I believe that it’s mutually beneficial, for both us and Isku,” he assesses.